Monthly Archives: August 2013

Aquino vows to go after pork scam culprits

MANILA — President Benigno Aquino III on Thursday night said the “hunt for the truth” would now begin following the surrender of Janet Lim-Napoles. “She has been taken into custody by the

Court orders Napoles moved to Laguna facility

MANILA — Janet Lim-Napoles will be transferred from the Makati City Jail to Fort Santo Domingo in Santa Rosa, Laguna, which authorities said was a more secure facility. Judge Elmo Alameda of

PNoy tells AFP to be neutral on pork issue

MANILA — President Benigno Aquino III on Wednesday reminded Marine Brig. Gen. Alexander Balutan to remain neutral and refrain from issuing statements that could create “negative consequences.” The President made the statement

Napoles NGOs still active

MANILA  – It now appears that as recently as last year, non-government organizations (NGOs) identified with Janet Lim-Napoles were still receiving pork barrel funds from lawmakers. Agriculture Secretary Proceso Alcala told the

COA names senators linked to Pork Scam

MANILA  — The Commission on Audit (COA) on Wednesday linked several senators to the questionable disbursements of their Priority Development Assistance Fund (PDAF), or pork barrel, amounting to P1.9 billion given to

All pork releases lead to Malacañang

MANILA — All releases of pork barrel lead to Malacanang, with President Benigno Aquino III having the last say on who gets the grease, lawmakers and Palace officials said Thursday. Under Mr.