ANTI-PORK PROTEST

On the eve of a massive protest to be held at Rizal Park in Manila on Monday, Aug. 25, Malacañang on Sunday maintained that the graft-ridden pork barrel had been scrapped. More »

 

Aquino slams naysayers in Heroes Day speech

MANILA  – Stay away from people who pretend to push for reforms but are in fact peddling lies, President Benigno Aquino III said on Monday. Aquino, who led the celebration of National

Palace says no pork in budget

MANILA – What pork? Define pork. On the eve of a massive protest to be held at Rizal Park in Manila on Monday, Malacañang on Sunday maintained that the graft-ridden pork barrel

Anti-pork initiative catches on

CEBU CITY—After the successful Church-backed People’s Congress in the Visayas, the campaign to gather 6 million signatures against pork barrel spreads to Luzon today, with 22 cities and municipalities in Metro Manila

Bishops’ call: ‘Reject pork idolatry’

CEBU CITY—Insisting that they will not be diverted from key national issues, multi-denominational religious leaders linked arms here on Saturday and kicked off the first people’s initiative campaign to pass a law

Philippine Navy ships to get arms upgrades

MANILA –It looks like Christmas just came early for two of the Philippine Navy’s two lead frigates. BRP Gregorio del Pilar and BRP Ramon Alcaraz are set to be fitted with two Mark 38 Model 225

Food czar’s P9-b budget slammed

MANILA – An anti-corruption watchdog and the militant Kilusang Magbubukid ng Pilipinas questioned the P9.8 billion budget earmarked for the  Office of Food Security Secretary Francis “Kiko” Pangilinan ostensibly for irrigation projects

Palace drops hints on no-el, retracts

MANILA  – Malacañang hinted on Friday at doing away with the May 2016 presidential elections but took it back hours later, saying the general elections “will push through.” The Palace also advised

War on ‘pork’ begins

MANILA — The signature campaign for the abolition of the pork barrel system was scheduled to be launched on Saturday at the Plaza Independencia in Cebu City. Apart from the signature drive,

Cargo forwarders remind clients to send boxes early

LOS ANGELES – With delivery delays still in the horizon, leading Filipino cargo forwarders are calling on customers to send their balikbayan boxes early to ensure that they would reach the intended

Juana Change explains breakup with Aquino

MANILA – “Me, in Binay’s pocket? I will have my head chopped off before a live audience by anyone who can prove that! Life is too short to waste on sucking up

Filipinos take the ice bucket challenge

GILAS Pilipinas’ Marc Pingris and Rain or Shine guard Jeric Teng recently got themselves doused with a bucket of ice cold water, but only after they accepted the ALS ice bucket challenge.

NFA’s P1B rice deal probed

MANILA — Former National Food Authority Administrator (NFA) Orlan Calayag and his special assistant, Dennis Guerrero, have been placed under investigation for allegedly granting a P1.08-billion rice cargo-handling contract to a trucking

PH hunts new suspects in ‘sextortion’ ring

MANILA —Police arrested eight suspects and are hunting more in connection with an Internet extortion racket that has victimized hundreds of people in Hong Kong, Singapore and Macau, an official said Saturday.

Aquino’s uncles support Binay

MANILA — Uncles of President Benigno Aquino III joined his sisters in supporting the candidacy of Vice President Jejomar Binay if he runs for president under the Liberal Party in 2016, former

Nancy says Senate inquiry ‘in aid of destruction’

MANILA – Sen. Nancy Binay told a DZBB radio on Sunday that the Senate investigation of her father (Vice President Jejomar Binay) and brother (Makati Mayor Junjun Binay) were not in aid

Makati carpark row ‘bigger’ than pork barrel scam, says Trillanes

MANILA  – The alleged overprice Makati parking building is “bigger than the scandalous pork barrel scam,” Senator Antonio Trillanes IV said Saturday. “This is bigger than the pork barrel scam,” Trillanes said